11.15.2010

it's good to be back...

The last I sat down to scrapbook was in July of 2009 at the last full-day crop I attended. That day feels like a lifetime ago, with so many changes since. But, I've missed the creativity and longed to find a way to get back to the hobby that I love. Determined, I dragged papers, letter stickers, punches and my trimmer out of the dust on Thursday night. I started organizing a bit and pulling together boy-friendly patterns and colors (who would I be kidding otherwise, there is only one scrapbooking subject right now) with the intention of making page kits. It just wasn't happening. I couldn't get inspired and everything continued to sit, littering the kitchen table.

Last night, I figured I'd try another approach. Dive in. Pick out one single photo and just do something with it. And, you know what? It worked! Once I set my mind to it everything started to come back to me and in minutes, the layout came together, my trimmer was slicing and my dusty tape gun was functioning once more.

There wasn't a thought in my mind about creating for a magazine or feedback from fellow crafters online. This was purely for the love of the hobby and for G. Getting a start on documenting his story is important. As is doing something that I love and believe in.

I'm back, baby!!! And, it feels wonderful.

7 comments:

Diane McAuley said...

Welcome back!! You haven't lost your touch! I look forward to more pages.

Derby_Newbie said...

*LIKE**

Mom said...

Welcome back! You are the best scrapper ever...and what a great subject you have!!!

Jes said...

Love it! can't wait to see more, so glad to see you scrapping again!! your pages are always gorgeous and inspiring Jen, go girl!!

Nilsa said...

Really happy to see you scrapping again! Such a cute layout!

nfaband said...

Gorgeous page Jen ... what a wonderful way to return to your craft. I have to say you haven't skipped a beat, it sure looks like there was never a lull in your scrapping days.

Jessica said...

Beautiful page of your adorable son! You definitely haven't lost your touch. (:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails