11.16.2010

the gift of christmas, from afar...

I live a charmed life, blessed with a warm home, a wonderful husband, a healthy child and the love of family and friends. While the normal day to day annoyances crop up and there are inevitable bumps in the road, I am grateful for every one of my many blessings and count them often.

For years now, I have donated gifts at Christmas time. Sometimes they have gone to Toys for Tots, other times they have gone to my own workplace and children in the foster care system. But each year, when I am carefully choosing gifts for my own loved ones, I make a decision to also give to a child in need. This year, I'm filling shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.

If you are looking for a place to donate a gift this year, you may want to consider this amazing project and fill a shoebox for a child in need.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're just finishing up our shoeboxes tonight, I've been snapping photos as I wrapped and packed in hopes of doing a post on them before collection week is over. We packed some every year since the Christmas before we got married. So - only a 3 year tradition, but one I think we'll keep up for a long time!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails