Project Life School Theme pack to make it's appearance and pounced as soon as I saw it hit my favorite online shop, Paper Issues. The supplies I am using for this album are minimal:
- Project Life School Theme pack
- In a Creative Bubble School Days journaling cards and circle accents
- Project Life grid cards
- Assorted alphabet stickers
- Sharpie pen
- Corner rounder, date stamp, adhesive, paper trimmer
Orientation day, an interview about his first day, the school "rules" (the pencil card was a freebie I found on the internet awhile back and just added text in Picasa), describing his first art project...
Letter size page protector insert including first artwork and the welcome letter from his teacher...
An autumn song he learned and has been singing at home and a visit from the local fire department. I made the fire engine card using a piece of clip art and a poem I found online...
First field trip to a local nature center for an apple cidering lesson and nature walk...
Here is my process and some thoughts on this project:
- Print the photos as soon as they are taken, slip them in the pages. You'll notice that I haven't even rounded the 4x6 photos. Easy. I'm rounding the 3x4's becasue the PL cards are already done and I like that middle line to be uniform.
- Write out his memories or an account of an event simply and quickly.
- This album will span many years, separated using dividers. Since there will only be photos of big events, they won't take up so much space.
- Artwork: I plan to keep a few key pieces, such as his first and there are two apple related pieces that go along with the field trip. Otherwise, they will be displayed at home then photographed and added in as a 3x4' photo.