10.07.2008

another great WR weekend...

We actually didn't have a whole lot planned for the weekend that was wedding specific. FI had been scheduled to work and I was booked to shoot my very first Trash the Dress session for a local knottie. Well, FI's job got postponed and my shoot had to be rescheduled due to rain (rain + beach = mud...blech!). So, we were left with a lot of time on our hands an decided to make the most of it.

Luckily, FI's cousin's wife (his cousin is our wedding sponsor or, kumbaro) was available so, we took a trip down to the Greek section of Queens to make out final decision on the stefana for the Ceremony. Stefana are the floral crowns that are worn by the bride and groom during a portion of the ceremony and are very symbolic. We decided on a set that is very traditional similar to this (why didn't I bring my camera???):

After the wedding, the crowns are preserved and kept hanging in the couple's home as a reminder of their commitment and the sacrament. We chose this very traditional case (stefanothiki) which is actually an exact replica of his parents'. The stefana are place inside. We'll hang it in our bedroom:

Also on that trip, we chose our wedding favors. Yes, yes, we DO already have favors - our monogrammed chocolates in the boxes I designed. We're still doing those - one per person at each place setting. However, FI really wanted a tangible favor as well based on his cultural traditions. So, we chose something. The shop we purchased them from includes the wrapping and little tulle bundles of koufeta (an odd number of jordan almonds) in the cost...woo hoo! They had about 50 options for wrapping and one in particular stood out to me. Decision reached.

Sunday, I made the determination mid-morning that my photo shoot would have to be postponed due to the weather (it was pretty nasty out). Definitely not in the plan but, for the best in the end. So, we made yet another list of things to do. Among them was the search for a new inkjet printer. Mine had up and died before my move and his is way too basic for anything wedding related. Off to Staples we went and decided on a printer that I am actually excited to start using. The HP Photosmart D7560:

I'm going to be counting on this machine for volume output in the next four and a half months. I'll let you know how it goes. We're planning to set it up tonight and start some test prints!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails