4.22.2015

spring motivation: getting things done...

The first of our daffodils bloomed yesterday so, in our area it is finally spring! It's been quite awhile since I've posted anything related to our home and decor. We had a big push to get some projects completed before hosting Christmas and then, well, winter. With the weather warming up and finally seeing the light at the end of our first year of owning our home, it is time to really focus and get things accomplished.


Our entry way is something I've thought about for some time. While we have a traditional center hall Colonial home, the entry way is rather small. The one wall available for a table is narrow and finding a piece of furniture that I loved and that would fit was a challenge. Then, a few weeks ago while in Home Goods, I spotted it from across the store. It's possible that I sprinted across the store. Maybe. The table was exact color I'd been imagining (and figured I'd need to paint) and, as luck would have it, was even on clearance!


I'd hoped for something with drawers for keys, sunscreen, and to keep small decor pieces to rotate, along with a shelf that could hold a basket for odds and ends, if needed.. Done and done! I did not have the wall measurements with me that day but, winging it worked out perfectly. The "hello" sign is a piece I won in an Instagram giveaway last year and tucked away in a closet until it came time to decorate this area.



I love walking in the front door now. This little spot is the perfect, colorful welcome home. We added the runner to the hallway last week to pull it all together. The pattern is the same as in the hall light fixture, pulling it all together.

Next up: the formal living room. Some of the furniture has arrived and the rest ships next week. I cannot wait to share this next transformation! If you'd like to see sneak peeks, you can follow me on Instagram: @jenboom and/or #mrsboomdecorates

SOURCES | Accent Table: Home Goods, Hello wood sign: Letter Craft, Runner: Threshold for Target, Vase: Tiffany & Co., Canvas Monogram and Wood Bird (painted by me): Michael's, Sunburst frame, Pitcher: Home Goods

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails