9.29.2014

wreath gone batty :: introducing toni from designs flair...

Last month, I shared a tutorial for just about the easiest possible DIY autumn wreath. As October is quickly approaching, Halloween decor and celebrations have been on my mind. When I saw the new Toni From Designs Trick or Treat flair, I knew that using them for a wreath banner would be the perfect addition to our entry decor! This project is also featured on Toni's blog today. I hope you'll pop over and check it out...

I wanted to make something with dimension so found a bat cut file in the Silhouette online store and cut ten shapes: five one size and five slightly smaller to layer on top. First, I strung all of the larger bats together using orange and white baker's twine to create the base of my banner.


Second, I used a bone folder to add creases to the front of each of the smaller bats. Lining up the tops of the heads, I attached the two sizes together with double sided adhesive and bent the wings of the front shapes up to add a three dimensional effect.

Selecting five of the Trick or Treat flair, I added each to the centers of the bats using double sided foam tape. The flair are flat back and super lightweight. Perfect for this project! I accented three of the bats with silver glitter stars for a bit of sparkle.

I love how this project came together! Our front door will welcome the trick or treaters in our new neighborhood in style!

Toni will be releasing a new awesome flair design in her Etsy shop every Monday and will reveal the designs on her blog, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this so much Jen!!!

Dawn Gross said...

Very cute! I love fun bats at Halloween!

Dawn
dmg314

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails