At six months you:
- are incredibly curious. Wherever we are, you scan your surroundings and all of the people around you. You particularly love loud patterns, moving vehicles, faces wearing glasses and beards/mustaches.
- recognize your mom and dad and both sets of grandparents
- respond to your name in both English and Greek
- listen to conversations in Greek intently and they never fail to make you smile, though your favorites are Pappou's silly talk and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" with Daddy.
- are ticklish! The spots seem to migrate but we've gotten great belly laughs by tickling your feet, belly and right underarm.
- roll in both directions, and fast!
- are sitting on your own for several minutes at a time. You're learning to keep your balance as you reach for and grab toys around you.
- love being read to. Your favorite books are: Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?, Not the Hippopotamus, Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb and A Color of His Own.
- fall asleep best while being nursed and listening to Mommy singing Brahm's Lullaby. You aren't consistently sleeping through the night yet but, have done so several times in the past few weeks (fingers crossed!).
- are doing so well on solid foods and have liked everything you've tried so far. Right now, you are eating two solid meals each day.
- seem to be teething, although no tooth buds are evident. Still, you are drooling buckets and chew on everything. Everything!
- have a fascination with hair pulling, especially Mommy's. Probably my least favorite of your accomplishments.
- have gotten deliciously chubby through the cheeks, arms and legs. Oh, those meaty thighs! We haven't been to the doctor since your four month check-up and I can't wait to see how much you weigh at your next appointment this coming Monday.
- are a flirt! You give out big, gummy smiles to anyone who sweet talks you - and believe me, there are dozens no matter where we go. You already have natural charisma and easily draw people in.
- love to jump! Your exersaucer has springs in the legs and it is your personal mission to try to wear them out each and every day. Once you get going, you cause quite the racket but, are so happy about it that we can't complain.
- are such a happy, giggly boy. You may be serious when you are tired or concentrating on something but, you are generally quick to flash that adorable right cheek dimple.
You are the absolute joy in our life and Daddy and I are loving watching you grow and change every day. Although it's all going far too fast, each new stage is so fun and exciting that we can't help but look forward to whatever comes next.
I love you to the moon and back, sweet boy!