7.06.2011

(not nearly) wordless wednesday: independence day and ice cream...

Monday, July 4th.  Independence Day.

We had no grand plans.  Mr. Boom had spent the weekend sick on the couch while G and I grocery shopped, played in the a/c and took a few trips to the park.  For the actual holiday, we had decided to stay close to home and have a barbeque at my in-law's for dinner.  At around 6:00 am, I heard George start to make his waking noises over the monitor.  Since he usually plays quietly in his crib for another 20 minutes or so, I snuggled back into my pillows and drifted off.  Not for long.  Suddenly, his babbling sounded much closer than it should.  Mr. Boom woke with a start and said, "Were those footsteps?" 

You can guess where this is going, right?

I bolted out of bed and slowly opened G's door only to find him standing right inside his room, feet on the floor, grinning up at me. 

Independence Day indeed, the day that our barely 18 month old toddler decided he would climb out of his crib for the first time. 

On July 5th, he decided to continue the trend, with a twist.  When I went into his room yesterday morning, I found him sitting cross-legged on the changing pad on his dresser, happily smearing diaper cream on himself.  Clearly we need to remedy the bed situation immediately, if not sooner.  Of course, we waited too long to order the toddler bed conversion kit for his crib and it is now discontinued.  If anyone has a brilliant idea to remedy this minor issue, I'm taking suggestions!

George should be spelled: M.i.s.c.h.i.e.f.

Though he is mischief personified, he is also the sweetest, funniest kid I which brings me to the ice cream portion of this post.  Messily enjoying a cone at the end of our 4th of July cookout...

Lapping up every last drop...can you stand it?!?!?

5 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

HOw funny. its' good he got outta the crib without falling (which mine did-but not hurt). And who doesn't eat ice cream that ain't all over them. LOL!

Unknown said...

I am laughing because my girls STILL do not try to climb out - although Bella is close to figuring out how to climb IN. Oh my :) Love it!!

Bed Rails?

Crystal said...

He is so cute!

It's always so fascinating when they first learn to climb out of their crib. You know the day is approaching, you have seem then climb other things, you know they can't stay in a crib forever....yet you become shocked when you find them outside of the crib.

Sara said...

Oh wow he took Independence Day super seriously! :)

nfaband said...

Congratulations to George on his new found Independance, I remember that day so very long ago with my own girl. Things will never be the same ... so hold on tight mama, life is about to get very interesting. Have fun ...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails