4.23.2010

recipe: saucy chicken (slow cooker)

I tried a new slow cooker recipe last night on the suggestion of a friend and it turned out so well that I had to share.

Saucy Chicken (Slow Cooker)

1 c. bbq sauce

1 tsp. apple cider vinegar

¼ c. molasses

½ c. ketchup

¼ c. honey

1 Tbsp. prepared mustard

1 small onion, chopped

½ green pepper, chopped

4-6 chicken breasts


Mix all ingredients together and cook on High for 4 ½ hours.


Note: This was a delicious recipe that could not have been easier. I ended up using 3 lbs. of chicken thighs because they were on sale. There was more than enough sauce left so, next time I'll plan on adding another 1 1/2 pounds for more leftovers (thigh meat shrinks a lot when cooked), with the same sauce measurements.

We loved it and, if we are happy so is he :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious, i'll have to give it a try in the next couple weeks! so glad you guys are doing well, G is so darn cute, i could just nibble on those cheeks!!

btw, i have olivia on my lap and she saw G's picture and started talking to the baby on the screen :)

nfaband said...

I love chicken ... I love my crockpot, and this recipe sounds like one I would love. Thanks for sharing your recipe and the picture of your sweet little George!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails