5.30.2012

progect life: keeping it simple...

When I'm asked about Project Life and my process, one of the questions/comments that comes up regularly is this: "Our weeks are boring, what would I journal?" My best answer is to keep it simple and to make the mundane, everyday stuff work for you. 

 {May 14 - May 20}
This week was a perfect example.  Not a whole lot happened, I didn't take many photos and I thought it might be a struggle to fill the two pages.  Instead, I focused on the little things. I took a cell photo of my Kindle Fire screen to show what I'm reading right now, used tags from a couple of G's new character t-shirts to show what he is amused by at the moment, took a photo of J with his favorite toys and used a quote filler card.  Done.

On the right side, I included a screen shot of my Instagram home page (because I noticed that I had reached 200 followers) and took a cell phone photo of my jury duty summons. Is this super interesting stuff?  Maybe not today.  But, as my family and I look back on these albums 5, 10 or 20 years from now these little additions will tell a story about what life was like in 2012 and will give the album so much more context and meaning.

I challenge you to try the same. Don't feel like you have to keep a running narrative and search for words and stories every single day.  Add in a grocery receipt, a utility bill, an appointment card or some clothing tags.  These seemingly little bits will be valuable to your family story later.

4 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Great take on the project Jen. Your pages always look amazing.

Unknown said...

I love those pages - full of life!! So humbled that J loves his taggie :)

Anonymous said...

I love your pages! You always do a nice job highliting your everyday life.

Sarah(sweetgirl)

nfaband said...

I love how easy you make your pages look ... hopefully someday I'll get back to memory keeping and I'll find a great style like yours. Love these pages and the pictures you included.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails