10.18.2011

dirt and noise and joy...oh BOY!!!

Becoming a boymom to G has been one of the greatest joys of my life.  From holding his tiny, squishy, newborn self to wrangling the super active toddler of today, I have cherished every moment.  And, I have learned so much in these past 21 months.  Being a boymom means:
  • Embracing dirt.  The dirt will find it's way into pant cuffs, under fingernails, in their hair and scattered all over the floors.  There will be lots and lots of dirt.  Boymoms: arm yourself with a fully charged dust buster at all times.
  • Noise.  There are very few quiet moments in a home where a young boy resides.  Even in solitary play there are grunts, howls, beeping things, shouts of "vroom, vroom", "choo-choo" and (beware this one), "uh-oh!"  Boys are noisy creatures by nature.  Your ears will adjust, I promise.
  • Things that go. Anything that can be turned into a vehicle or projectile object (a.k.a. anything not nailed down) will move, fly, be pushed or slid across floors.  Boys like things that move.  Chances are, if it is stationary, it will quickly fall by the wayside.
  • Being adored. When people first heard we were having a boy, I was told time and again that "Boys love their Mama."  How true it is.  Boys will love you with a leg hugging, finger-crushing hand holding, sloppy kissed, burrow into your neck and heart adoration. This, above all others, is my very favorite part of this job.  No number on a paycheck could ever compare to the love of my little guy.
Learning and embracing all things boy has been a joy and, coincidentally, has prepared me well for the next step in my journey of mommyhood...

Meeting another noisy, dirt-loving, squishy and sweet little boy in February 2012!
{20 week portrait}

We are already in love and so excited to welcome this little one into our family.

10 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

OMG!!! Total congrats my friend!!! G will have so much fun. 2 boys. oooooooo!

Liz said...

Congratulations! SO happy for you all!

Jennifer said...

Congrats again!

nfaband said...

I recently dreamed you were pregnant again, woke up the next morning and told my daughter, who said, "OMG I hope someday I have gorgeous, sweet, loving, perfect children just like that little George is and I'm sure his little brother will be". I wasn't shocked to hear of your news, but I am thrilled for your family, motherhood and family life is the best. Congratulations ...

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Congratulations Jen!!!! How exciting! Another BOY, yay!!

Bekah said...

congrats!! We welcomed our second son a week and a half ago, its so fun!!

Laura said...

congrats! i love hear about raising a boy and i'm looking forward to seeing it all for myself as my little man gets bigger!

Kendra said...

SO so so excited for you. And of course I cant wait to meet this little guy. George is going to be a wonderful big brother.

Jessica said...

Congratulations!! I had a suspician that something was up when you hadn't posted anything in a while. So excited for you! (:

Nilsa said...

Congratulations! How exciting another little boy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails