10.01.2009

recipe: crockpot ginger beef with onion and garlic

Yes, yet another crockpot recipe. I hope this isn't getting old but, I like to share things I think are tasty and, honestly, it helps me to refer to my own blog when I misplace the scrap of paper where the recipe was originally written. Yeah. Why no pics? Well, while many crockpot recipes are delicious, I don't always find them visually appealing. Guess you'll just need to trust my opinion!

Crockpot Ginger Beef with Onion and Garlic
[Credit: CrockPot365]

2 pounds beef strips (I used stir fry strips)
1/2 c. broth/liquid (chicken broth, wine, beer, etc)
1 yellow onion, cut in rings
1 red bell pepper, cut in strips (my addition)
1 head garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 inch peeled and grated fresh ginger

1. Spray inside of crockpot with cooking spray. Add meat, cut up onion, red pepper and peeled garlic. Add ginger and pepper. Top with liquid. (Tip - add 1 cup liquid if using larger than a 4 qt crockpot. I use a 6 qt, added the extra liquid and it was perfect.)

2. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.

The verdict: Tasty, light and healthy. This took about ten minutes to put together, including cutting the veggies and grating the ginger. I it over brown rice and enjoyed every bite. The one thing that could have made it better? BEEF broth. The recipe called for chicken and, looking back, I can't figure out why. I think beef broth would have added more depth of flavor and I'll use it next time. I'm certain a good red wine would also be great but, I didn't want to open a bottle for 1/2 cup (considering I can't drink right now).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds good. why in the world would it call for chicken broth with beef - very strange! I promised Dad that I'd start doing one crock pot meal a week so he would have something to eat!
Mom

nfaband said...

Another yummy recipe ... I'll certainly be trying this one soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this information, I really need to know this because I want to served it to my friends on my birthday. Do I need to make some recipe for stir fry sauce on this?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails